“Halloween is not only about putting on a costume, but it’s about finding the imagination and costume within ourselves.“
— Elvis Duran
I absolutely adore Halloween — almost as much as I love Christmas. I love dressing up, opening a bottle of wine, and sitting on my front stoop giving out candy — Halloween in the city is the best! We always get a lot of trick or treaters in our neighborhood so hopefully they won’t leave me with any candy to eat myself.
On the agenda tonight?
– Watching Hocus Pocus. Like the true 90’s child I am. It’s extra eerie now that I’ve realized I’m the same age as the young actress in the film…
– Making THIS baked pumpkin fondue
– Staying away from the Charleston Chews at all costs (my Halloween candy weakness)
– Dressing up the pugs in their Halloween bat wings
– Carving pumpkins and roasting the pumpkin seeds
– Making homemade apple cider in the crock pot
What spooky things are you up to tonight?
I shot the eerie photos for this post as a promo for Chicago’s first Italian Day of the Dead party, I Morti (I also later shot a more formal campaign for the party too — you can see the shots on Italian Expo’s Instagram page).
This Saturday, November 3rd, will be a Halloween party unlike any other, celebrating the rich traditions in Italy surrounding the Day of the Dead. I brought my Mom to their Mother’s Day party in May and we ended up having an amazing time. So I can’t wait to attend their first ever Halloween party… ahem, I mean Italian Day of the Dead party.
$40 buys you endless food, wine, live entertainment, and a few authentic, Italian touches. Black attire requested!